A must! This homemade bread is worthy of the best bakeries! It’s impressive and absolutely delicious!
(Recipe taken from Josée Distasio’s website)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1/2 cups of flour for manipulation on the board
- Round or rectangle UltraPro
- In a regular Thatsa Bowl, mix the flour, yeast and the salt. Add the water and mix gently with your hands until the dough forms into a ball. No need to knead the dough, place into the Thatsa Bowl and cover with virtually airtight seal. Let set at room temperature for 12 hours in summer and 18 hours in winter.
- Preheat oven at 250 °C (480 °F).
- Sprinkle flour on the work surface and place dough onto it. Fold the dough onto itself bringing the four corners toward the middle (to form a navel). You can add ingredients to make it a breakfast bread (chocolate chips, cranberries, or dried raisins that have been soaked in water, orange zest…) or to accompany tapas (sliced olives, cheese…)
- Place bread, navel facing down cook at 250 °C (480 °F) for 30 minutes
With whole olives and chopped garlic
With cranberries and dark chocolate