- 3/4 cup (180 ml) softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 3 cups (750 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp(7 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) carrots, grated using the Grate Master
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) applesauce or in season fruit puree
- Place the butter and sugar in the base of the Quick Chef equipped with the blade and cream together until light and pâle. Add eggs, one at the time, and beat until homogenous. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium That’s A Bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Using the silicone spatula, incorporate the dry ingredients in stages to the butter and eggs mixture, alternating with the sour cream, but ending with the dry ingredients. Add carrots and fruit puree, and mix gently.
- Place the cone in the center of the TupperWave 3 L container and place cake mix evenly around the cone. Place in the microwave and cook for 18 minutes à power level medium-high (70). Let rest for 6 minutes and unfold by flipping over the TupperWave container.
- Let the cake cool completely before icing.
Variation: Cupcake version! Preheat oven at 350 °F, and cook the cupcakes for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean!
Cream cheese frosting
- 1 tup of original whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted better
- Dash of orange or lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup icing sugar de sucre (approximately)
- Place the cream cheese in the base of the Quick Chef equipped with the blade and beat until homogenous.
- Add the orange/lemon juice and mix well.
- Stir in icing sugar, beating until smooth and is easy to spread (use only the quantity of icing sugar that you need).
- Ice the cake!
Note: You can decorate with fruit, chopped nuts (using the Chop’N Prep) and/or flowers.
To order the products used in this recipe, click on the images below: