– 3 lb. whole chicken
– 4 cups water, divided
– 2 carrots, peeled & cut in 2” pieces
– 2 celery stalks, peeled & cut in 2”pieces
– 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled
– 1 cup orzo pasta
– 1 1⁄2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
– 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
– 1 lemon, juiced using Zest N’ Press® Gadget
- Place chicken breast side up in base of Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker, and add 3 cups water. Chicken should be submerged in water and contents should not be above the max fill line. Seal and microwave on high power 20 minutes. 20–25 minutes for a 3lb. chicken.
- While chicken cooks, add carrots, celery, onion and garlic to base of Quick Chef® Pro System fitted with blade attachment. Cover and turn handle until roughly chopped.
- Remove Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker from microwave and allow pressure to release naturally until red pressure indicator fully lowers, about 10 minutes.
- Check to ensure internal temperature of chicken has reached 165° F/ 75° C. Remove chicken from base. Add remaining cup of water, chopped vegetables and remaining ingredients to base of Tupperware Microwave Pressure Cooker. Seal and microwave on high power 10 minutes.
- While pasta and vegetables are cooking, remove chicken meat from bones, discarding skin. Shred larger pieces using 2 forks.
- Remove Pressure Cooker from microwave an allow pressure to release naturally until pressure indicator fully lowers, about 2 minutes.
- Stir shredded chicken into soup and serve.
To order the products used in this recipe, click on the images below: